The International Compliance Manager is a key role within our organisation, responsible for overseeing all aspects of compliance related to our gambling operations in our non-UK markets. This role primarily focuses on ensuring regulatory compliance, managing a team of compliance professionals, and providing a second line of defence oversight to ensure the company's operations adhere to all relevant laws and regulations.
1. Regulatory Compliance:
- Stay up-to-date with all relevant gambling laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Interpret and communicate changes in regulations to the management team and relevant stakeholders.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and maintenance of compliance policies, procedures, and controls.
- Collaborate with regulatory authorities to maintain licenses and permits.
- Monitor and assess the impact of regulatory changes on the organisation.
2. Compliance Reporting:
- Oversee the preparation and submission of regular compliance reports to senior management and regulatory authorities.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of all compliance-related documentation and records.
- Communicate compliance findings and recommendations to relevant stakeholder.
3. People Management:
- Lead and manage a team of compliance professionals, including Compliance Executives .
- Provide guidance, training, and mentoring to team members to ensure they are knowledgeable about compliance matters.
- Conduct regular performance reviews, set goals, and facilitate career development for team members.
- Foster a positive and collaborative team culture within the compliance department.
- Ensure effective communication within the team and across departments, such as technology, marketing and customer operations / risk teams.
4. Second Line of Defence Oversight:
- Establish and maintain a robust second line of defence compliance program.
- Conduct risk assessments to identify compliance risks and areas for improvement.
- Review and challenge first-line compliance activities, policies, and procedures.
- Monitor and report on compliance metrics and key performance indicators.
- Develop and implement remediation plans for identified compliance issues.
- Provide advice to first-line operational teams around process required to maintain compliance following changes to regulations.
Knowledge and Experience:
Strong people management experience, with a focus on development and training members of the team.
A relevant professional certification (e.g., Certified Compliance Professional) is highly desirable.
- Extensive experience in compliance, risk management, or a related field, with a specific focus on second line of defence assurance.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements, industry standards, and best practices related to compliance assurance across multiple different jurisdictions or disciplines i.e. AML, Safer Gambling or Marketing Compliance.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and executing compliance assessments.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and build relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and able to work independently and as part of a team.