Are you passionate about data protection in today's digital age? Do you possess a keen eye for detail and a strong understanding of data protection regulations and how they operate in a business? If so, your next role could be in the tombola Data Protection team!
You will be working directly with our excellent Data Protection Manager and also as part of a wider team packed with talented colleagues who are super knowledgeable about all things data protection and cyber security. We have a professional approach to the task in hand and all bring complimentary skills to the table whether that be from a data protection, operational security, offensive security, technology risk or a technical compliance angle.
What will you do?
We are looking for a bright, innovative and enthusiastic person who will help us build on existing data protection capabilities within tombola.
You will help to ensure appropriate processes, systems and structures are in place to manage tombola’s data protection obligations. Including assisting in the delivery of end-to-end processes, monitoring compliance, reporting on key controls and last but not least - instilling a strong data protection culture within tombola.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Contribute to the provision of data protection training, awareness and communication, including staff mandatory training, specific training workshops, advice and guidance and communications to the business on a regular basis.
- Stay up-to-date with evolving data protection laws and regulations, and adapt policies and practices accordingly.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with data protection regulations such as GDPR and other relevant standards.
- Assist the Data Protection Manager in the development and delivery of associated programmes, roadmaps and supporting projects.
About you – past experience
- Ideally have a track record of working in data protection, or related roles, and have experience of conducting Data Privacy Impact Asessments (DPIAs) and an awareness of Data Subject Rights Requests (DSARs).
- Strong knowledge of data protection regulations, laws and requirements - within the gambling or highly regulated industry would be a bonus.
- Must have- Industry recognised professional qualification in data protection, such as the CIPP/E, CIPM and/or CIPT qualifications through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential for effectively conveying data protection policies, procedures, and recommendations to various stakeholders.
- Experience of owning and delivering small projects.
- Strong communicator comfortable collaborating with both technical and player focused colleagues.
- Confidence to suggest improvements. We're constantly looking to improve the way we do things. From managing our workloads, to the way we deliver data protection across tombola. We have an open attitude to innovative ideas and solutions. If you don’t like the way something is done all we ask is that you suggest a better way of doing it.
- A self-starter who has the ability to deal with ambiguity but know when to seek clarity.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and adapt in a fast-paced environment
We know that having a happy team is key to creating the feel-good factor that helps us be the best we can be as a business, so we offer a competitive range of benefits:
- Company Quarterly bonus
- Flexible working (2 days per week at home)
- Dedicated desk in the office
- Private Healthcare
- Free breakfast, lunch & barista coffee
- Core hours for a better work life balance
- Continuous learning & development
- On-site free gym
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays which increases with length of service, as well as the option to buy holidays
To check out all our benefits, please visit our benefits & perks page.