Join the Exciting Journey at tombola! 🚀
Are you ready to be a part of something extraordinary? As tombola continues its remarkable growth, we're on the hunt for a Test Lead.
Reporting into the Head of Engineering for Platform and a member of the Platform LT, the Test Lead is a Senior role with responsibility for the Test function within the Platform team, looking after components such as our Game Integration APIs, brand-agnostic / white-label capabilities, and Wallet and Player Account Management.
Find your bounce at tombola! 🎱
At tombola, we're not just another player in the game; we're the creators of the game. Our approach is revolutionary – we craft every element of our software in-house, from concept to execution. We take pride in the ingenuity of our developers and designers, united by their passion for pushing boundaries and shaping the future.
It’s not just our digital bingo balls that have loads of bounce. Our people do, too. Whatever your role, it’s the kind of place that can put a spring in your step.
Whether you're developing game mechanics, keeping our players safe, testing our products or sponsoring one of the UK's biggest TV shows, how high and how far you bounce really is up to you.
What do we offer? 💰
We champion a culture of inclusivity, flexibility, personal development, and mental wellbeing!
As well as a salary that will be more than agreeable for you, we offer market leading benefits such as quarterly bonus, tombola merch, free breakfast and lunches in the office, private healthcare, hybrid working and much more.
You can find out more about our benefits and what it's like to work for us here.
Sounds great! What will I be doing? 🔎
You will be responsible for the people management and personal development of our test team including coaching, mentoring, and career growth, and technical leadership in terms of test technology, automation, and QA and test processes and strategy.
It’s an exciting time to join tombola as we embark on “Project BaobaB” (bay-uh-bab) (https://www.tombola.careers/posts/project-baobab); building a tech platform that enables rapid deployment of our product to any new territory, brand or business – delivering our product for other brands.
As you might imagine, this project is BIG and involves lots of technology change that requires excellence in test and QA to be successful.
What will I be doing? (But in bullet points) 🧐
- Lead, mentor, and manage a team of QA engineers and testers.
- Coordinate with software development teams to align quality assurance strategies with development processes.
- Ensure comprehensive testing of all software products, including unit, integration, system, and acceptance testing.
- Manage automated testing tools and processes.
- Continuously evaluate and improve QA processes and methodologies.
- Work closely with development teams to identify and resolve quality issues.
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding quality assurance activities and outcomes.
- Report on QA metrics and KPIs to senior management.
- Identify potential quality risks in our development processes.
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies.
- Ensure compliance with relevant industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the field of quality assurance.
What does "good" look like for us? 😇
- Proven experience as a Test Manager or similar role in software engineering.
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies, including Agile and DevOps.
- Proficiency in test management tools and test automation frameworks.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- ISTQB or other relevant certifications are a plus.
- Good communication. It sounds clichéd but things like being able to express your ideas clearly, talking to non-technical colleagues and effective feedback during code reviews are incredibly important.
- A desire to learn - we want people who want to improve themselves.
- Suggest improvements. We're constantly looking to improve the way we do things. From managing our workloads, to the way we deliver our code. We have an open attitude to new ideas. If you don’t like the way something is done all we ask is that you suggest a better way of doing it.
- Think of new and unique ways to improve our customers experience - ultimately that is what tombola is about.