Join the Exciting Journey at tombola! 🚀
Are you ready to be build something extraordinary? As tombola continues its remarkable growth, we're on the hunt for a Head of Business Development
The Head of Business Development (B2B & International) is a unique, exciting and newly created role at tombola. The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and establishing partner opportunities for tombola to leverage our white label capabilities. Remit will also include exploring the next international markets for the business to enter and determining ideal market access approach. This is a key role in helping tombola achieve its vision of being the World’s Biggest Bingo Brand and in strategically growing UKI market share overall.
Find your bounce at tombola! 🎱
At tombola, we're not just another player in the game; we're the creators of the game. Our approach is revolutionary – we craft every element of our software in-house, from concept to execution. We take pride in the ingenuity of our developers and designers, united by their passion for pushing boundaries and shaping the future.
It’s not just our digital bingo balls that have loads of bounce. Our people do, too. Whatever your role, it’s the kind of place that can put a spring in your step.
Whether you're developing game mechanics, keeping our players safe, testing our products or sponsoring one of the UK's biggest TV shows, how high and how far you bounce really is up to you.
What do we offer? 💰
We champion a culture of inclusivity, flexibility, personal development, and mental wellbeing!
As well as a salary that will be more than agreeable for you, we offer market leading benefits such as quarterly bonus, tombola merch, free breakfast and lunches in the office, private healthcare, hybrid working and much more.
You can find out more about our benefits and what it's like to work for us here.
Sounds great! What will I be doing? 🔎
At tombola, we are building the capabilities to expand our hugely successful bingo & arcade platforms. The successful candidate for this role, will have full responsibility for building out the commercial & operational proposition for a B2B business within tombola. This includes 2nd party relationships within Flutter, as well as exploring 3rd party potential.
Alongside the B2B opportunity, the candidate will fulfil a leadership role in identifying, evaluating and recommending market access opportunities for the existing tombola business. When it is appropriate to do so, you will co-ordinate project contributors from the tombola and wider Flutter group to deliver the G2M as well as report on the successful execution and commercial impact of these initiatives. This is a vital strategic role within tombola and UKI and the successful candidate will have full autonomy to lead this sub-function as we grow it.
What will I be doing? (But in bullet points) 🧐
- Explore fully the potential for B2B revenue streams and build the strategy and roadmap for the chosen range of B2B approaches and partnerships
- Full responsibility for business development of new opportunities in the B2B bingo space
- Drive the identification, evaluation and execution of new market access opportunities for tombola internationally
- Liaise closely with tombola COO and Flutter International B2B & Business Development colleagues, to ensure alignment on market & partnership approaches, maximising the Flutter Edge
- Provide tombola LT with informed reporting of pipeline, future opportunities, and strategic feedback regarding product proposition. Contribute to strategic and commercial evaluation of product and pricing developments.
- Lead the P&L management and performance, budgeting cycle associated with the B2B function
- Be the escalation point for all commercial relationships with our B2B partners
- Design, debate and evaluate commercial initiatives with the partners, tailoring them to event/partner/geography.
- Play a lead role in the ongoing third party fees negotiations that impact our commercial partnerships
- Be responsible for all associated contractual documents as per the agreed processes.
- Prepare materials, such as presentations, demos, tender documents, and proposals designed to win new business and secure new revenue streams for tombola
- Closely manage progress against objectives, highlighting blockers as soon as they arise and taking full personal ownership for high quality and timely delivery of initiatives.
- Prepare materials, such as presentations, demos, tender documents, and proposals designed to win new business and secure new revenue streams for the Flutter Group
What does "good" look like for us? 😇
- A collaborative team player who can work with others across the organisation to deliver against objectives, whilst confident and knowledgeable when communicating directly to senior level and technology professionals.
- Outstanding relationship manager who can network with new people to build strong relationships. This person will have personal characteristics that engender trust and confidence which is crucial with our partners , internal and external
- A highly motivated self-starter, who works at pace and is energised by the opportunity to build the business unit from scratch.
- Ability to manage multiple processes and demonstrate calm and rational thinking under pressure
- Proven strategic capability and possesses the ability to take a pragmatic view for what is best of tombola
- A strong strategic and commercial mindset, with problem-solving skills and analytical capabilities. Adept at identifying and prioritising opportunities, future industry developments and aligning business and product/tech strategy.
- Can prioritise by strategic potential and value add. Swiftly de-prioritises where necessary, to ensure highest potential opportunities have greatest success, therefore, not diluting strength of proposition and service.
- Seeks feedback and opportunities to improve and learn.
- Enjoys problem solving, approaches problems creatively, learns quickly in new situations and turns failures into learnings.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of influencing and building cross-functional collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, particularly with counterparts across the tech teams.
- Industry Experience – very strong understanding of the betting and gaming industry and the opportunities and challenges that it faces. This person should have a strong knowledge of UKI and key international markets and understand their context, our key competitors, local regulations and how these impact our business
- Commercially minded and able to lead the P&L cycle of budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Comfortable working within an ever-changing, high paced environment
- Confidence to make own decisions and manage third party relationships
- Willingness to travel (conferences, client meetings)