Join the Exciting Journey at tombola! 🕹️
Are you ready to be a part of something extraordinary? As tombola continues its remarkable growth, we're on the hunt for dynamic and innovative Lead Developers to work in our Game Studio division. This is your chance to dive headfirst into the heart of innovation, powered by cutting-edge AWS Cloud Technologies.
We are looking for a Lead Developer who will be responsible for building and mentoring a team to develop our technical solution for a new workstream in the company.
You will be involved in the design and lead the development of our B2B stream in the Game Engine team.
Please note that this role is still very much hands on as well as leading your team....
Find your bounce at tombola! 🎱
At tombola, we're not just another player in the game; we're the creators of the game. Our approach is revolutionary – we craft every element of our software in-house, from concept to execution. We take pride in the ingenuity of our developers and designers, united by their passion for pushing boundaries and shaping the future.
It’s not just our digital bingo balls that have loads of bounce. Our people do, too. Whatever your role, it’s the kind of place that can put a spring in your step.
Whether you're developing game mechanics, keeping our players safe, testing our products or sponsoring one of the UK's biggest TV shows, how high and how far you bounce really is up to you.
What do we offer? 💰
We champion a culture of inclusivity, flexibility, personal development, and mental wellbeing!
As well as a salary that will be more than agreeable for you, we offer market leading benefits such as quarterly bonus, tombola merch, free breakfast and lunches in the office, private healthcare, hybrid working and much more.
You can find out more about our benefits and what it's like to work for us here.
Sounds great! What will I be doing? 🔎
You'll work closely with key stakeholders to build our B2B solution; you'll recruit and lead a team within the Game Engine function, working closely with our other Game Engine teams to integrate with our existing systems. You'll have an understanding of the overall roadmap, context and direction of the product and partner teams and very much be part of the conversations to shape it.
What will I be doing (but in bullet points) 🍿
- Technical oversight
- Ensure team output is fit for purpose and aligned with the technical direction.
- Review software design and implementations, suggesting improvements for efficiency and maintainability
- Technical Leadership and Mentoring
- Actively participate in designing and developing complex application solutions
- Ensuring the team use tooling to write coherent documentation as required
What does good look like for us? 😇
Knowledge and experience we need you to have
- Excellent knowledge of C#
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Proven experience in building backend systems
- Expert in seamless data flow
- In depth understanding of B2B commerce cloud architecture
- Demonstratable experience with all aspects of delivering high volume API-led products.
- Use of caching techniques
- API development
- Automated testing (unit, integration)
- Estimating complex technical stories and breaking them down
- Track record of implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Prior experience developing solutions and integrating with legacy systems.
- Pragmatic and able to adapt working in a fast-paced environment.
We’d love you to have experience in these areas, but it’s not essential
- iGaming knowledge and experience
- Industry experience working with financial transactions.
- Working with monolithic databases
- Understanding of working in regulated space